The Charity Fair was held on the 20th May 2012 at Tadika Wawasan, Setapak. Please click on each tab for more details.
Introducing the series of events that lead to the birth and implementation of this Charity Fair
After following the community service team – “Reaching Out Thro’ Service”, to visit some of the homes whom we support by providing food and provisions, Ms Jenny Heng and Ms Yap were moved to raise fund to ensure we can continue to help these families. Ms Jenny wanted to conduct a “flea market event”, and Ms Yap, the Principal of Tadika Wawasan thought of using her kindergarten. Unspoken, I was expected to unofficially coordinate and hence the birth of a “rag tag” team with our hearts basically thinking in one direction – help this unloved, marginalised, urban poor children and adults with emotional and physical and mental health issues and their truly long-suffering, aged parents who are still the caregivers in their twilight years. The aged parents’ heart wrenching pain having settled with more than difficult children especially when more than 50% of their children are unwell in this community brings on more than sympathy. Most wanted to extend a helping hand to bring them an extra moment of comfort.
Well wishers and devotees from KYCO have been supporting this community service project for nearly three years and naturally we are happy that a little spark has started with a team from all walks of life coming together to work towards helping the less fortunate.
We started with asking our friends to support and manage a stall and the break through that made this project with zero financial capital, feasible was when Ms Siow Lee asked her niece Ms Chung Soo Sun for support. She donated a whole lot of children toys, house-hold decorative items and such. What could be better items to attract, interest and benefit these kindergarten children then what we had gratefully accepted from Ms Chung.
With this, the rest is history, we teamed up and put aside differences of personality, religion and race and spent a lot of hands on work in checking the stocks.
As we progress, the team grew larger with more volunteers and sponsors.
Come 20th May, Sunday, we hope to video record the event which gave us lots of fun, laughter and bonding of friendship with trust and we hope to share this meaningful Charity Fair with you once it is uploaded into this webpage.
With great appreciation,
This is a charity programme jointly organised by Tadika Wawasan andThe Community Service of KYCO . The objective of the programme is to help the community of urban poor. We welcome you to join us in doing some good deeds. You may assist in the following ways:
这是一项由KYCO福利组织与迈进儿童乐园联合主办的慈善活动. 活动的宗旨是救济贫困的社群. 您可以在当天通过以下管道给于他们帮助:
- Contribute to goods sponsored by public and parents from Tadika Wawasan;
- Donate food and provisions for the needy – items will be collected at designated booth;
- Sponsor and manage a Charity Stall – please contact organisers in advanced for sponsorship arrangement.
All the proceeds will be channeled to the Community Service Projects of KYCO to help urban elderly parents with child/ children who suffer(s) from mental and physical illness, who are under medical treatment at the Psychiatric Dept., Hospital Kuala Lumpur.
所有义卖摊位所得的利润与收集到的用品将全部捐献给KYCO 福利组织的社区服务计划. 被救济的家庭拥有年迈的父母及在吉隆坡中央医院精神病科康复部,接受精神与生理治疗的儿童.
WELCOME + THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN GIVING HOPE AND LOVE
(you may also donate to "KYCO Trust Fund")
Tadika Wawasan has been giving their generous supports by donating and visiting the families.
3. The Programme
CHARITY FAIR. 慈善义卖会 . 2012
DATE/ 日期 : 20TH MAY 2012 (SUNDAY/ 星期日)
TIME/ 时间 : 9.00am – 1.00pm
VENUE/ 地点 : TADIKA WAWASAN/ 迈进儿童乐园
ADDRESS/ 地址 : NO2, JALAN 5/21F off JLN LANGKAWI, TMN TERATAI MEWAH, Setapak, KL
CONTACT : 03-40239959, H/P 012 273 9303 (KC Chu)
7. Invitation to Pre-event Activities
Volunteers are friends of Tadika Wawasan and devotees from KYCO.
At 8:00am... the event begins...
The videos and photos for this event are available below.
Charity Fair Photo Gallery
Below is a photo of Tadika Wawasan, Setapak, the venue of the Charity Fair and many other photos of the event.
Charity Fair Video
Please click on the triangle in the middle of the box below to start and wait for video (size=10MB) to stream (download)... slow internet line may take a longer time to begin playing. Thank you.
Pre-event Acitivities - 22nd April 2012
Pre-event activities include cleaning, itemizing, stock-count, testing and re-packing of sponsored goods by volunteers.
The following pictures show the venue and pre-event activities. Please do enjoy them.
Venue for stalls along the corridor.
Checking the sponsored items.
Come give Uncle Kenny a hand.
Still lots to sort out and check
Trying out cap with solar powered fan
Busy bees, stock-checking.
Buy the family and get the lonely fish for free.
Shirts for girls.
Battery operated car.
Coin box and alarm clock
Displaying the items
1st round of the packing-team.
Pre-event Acitivities - 25th April 2012
Contribute RM5 for 6pcs.
Forks, spoons and etc from KYCO devotee Doris Chong.
Pre-event Acitivities - 28th April 2012
Checking solar fans under the sun
Ms Yap, KC and Jenny discussing
Double race cars
Toy remote cars.
Checking glass items on 28th April.
Checking the toys
Repairing and reassembling of toys.
Pre-event Acitivities - 6th May 2012
Giving a hand
How much is this rabbit going for?
A previously unseen item; a trailer truck
The more the merrier
The type of table for displaying items.
Happy as a team
Kim , brother Tey and volunteer
Lots more to check
So many guns to check
Good new items to work on, not just guns
More needed to help in checking
12th May 2012
Update 12th May, Saturday, on our Community Service Project (CSP) with Tadika Wawasan.
1. Thank you for coming to join this event and your moral support. Expect a noisy day out with kids. I could only send email to addresses I collected from donation box for CSP and those who requested for updates. From the mails , some are able to join as they are not committed to another of KYCO activities.
2. Names of those coming on 20th May, Sunday:-
2. Christine LIm (no email)
3. Tricia, (no email)
5. Mimi (Mimi, Tricia mentioned u - I must remember to check with u)
7. KC Lee
9. Lee Joo and daughter 10) Chuah Hui Lin
11. Kim and her brother 12) Teh CB
13. CW Yee
14. Ben Yee and his mother 15) Millie
16. SC Low
17. Looi Dyit Hwa (my daughter)
19. KIV Ai Fong
3. I spoke to KC Lee who has created an Internal use only Web site for "test run" (NOT for Public YET- please kindly observe his request for now) together with Dyit Hwa (she helped in loading the Community Section ) have put up information on this Charity Fair for our convenient.
For us who are coming along to the Charity Fair, please if you have time go into KC Lee's created website at kyco.org
To view the Charity Fair which will give you information on pre event activities etc., please click at the Community Service section - and click on “Charity Fair @ Tadika Wawasan” and you will get some ideas/information about this Charity Fair.
4. I will update further on placement of which stall you will be in charge off - over the next 2 days.
5. Video Recording - Catching you dealing with noisy kids - As of todate, KC Lee on 20th Sunday with Patrick will video/record the event and we hope to upload into this site too.
6. Patient and heat/rain/shine. Please note 20th is the Report Card collection day for 150 students with their parents – we "sell" these items/food to them at a contributed price - Prepare to test your patient with all these young kids and no air-conditioner venue.
7. Car Pool - Assemble at 7.00am, leave from KYCO by 7.15 am. Jade, Tricia, Henry, Kim and Teh CB will lead. I will give you landmark and direction after Tawakal Hospital - after tomorrow (I will check out tomorrow)
8. Food - Tadika Wawasan will give vegetarian mee hoon for everyone at the Fair and cordial drink.
I have arrange with Ms Yap (Principal from Tadika) for lunch to be delivered -There will be for lunch simple dishes - a) Chicken curry, b) vegetable curry and c) Egg and long beans omelette and rice.
They are quite a few food stalls around the Tadika too.
9. Volunteers from other sections
- Undergraduate Optometry Students from Tun Hussien Onn,
- Friends of KYCO ( a "rag tag" group I put together)
- Staff from Tadika Wawasan who helped in pre event BUT all the Teachers will be busy with Report Cards and NOT help us on 20th until after 1.00pm.
They use the air-cond rooms we stay out in the open and pray for good weather
- Children from the working class neighbourhood.
10. 19th Saturday - from 1:00pm I will be there to lend a hand on deco and ready things
11. Attire - Do wear our KYCO T-Shirt
12. Duty ROSTER - please wait for Monday/Tuesday
15th May 2012
Thank you all for VOLUNTEERING - I/we are indeed very grateful.
Please find the stall you have been allocated in the attatched documents.
No 1 - 6 (esp. for KYCO)
1. Some names appears twice - you may need to look after both stalls
2. On 20th, be there by 8.00 am - we will brief you the collection of your items/stocks.
3. The leader of each stall is the volunteer whose name is placed FIRST on the Volunteer Column as they have been in meetings and will be there on 19th Saturday to ready the place
4. The suggested amount to contribute to the items will be listed on the tag and place on the table.
5. Please car pool and be at KYCO by 7and leave by 7.15 am. Kim and brother Teh, Henry, Jade, - should be able to lead you there.
6. Please bring your own iced bottled water.